SOCRATIC Social innovation Hackathon in Trondheim
August 24, 2017 at 10:59 #2373Angel SolaParticipant
Phase 1: Thursday 24 August 2017 – Location: NTNU
Phase 2: Friday 8 & Saturday 9 September 2017 – Location: DIGS
We are developing the second phase of SOCRATIC pilots at NTNU in Trondheim. We have 20 volunteers including jury and mentors and autism association. The participants in the contest are 20 students to identify, propose, and develop in a collaborative way innovative solutions to tackle societal challenges through the power of ICT and professional network. Take the chance to work towards solving challenges proposed by the Autism assotiation: Autismeforeningen i Norge, Sør-Trøndelag fylkeslag – Norway. There will be three events till we have a winner.
Goals of the Social Innovation Contest:
• Develop concepts, business ideas and opportunities to improve the lives of persons affected by autism syndrome
• Create solutions that help people affected by autism to fight depression or better handle stress
• Promote critical information to stakeholders in the job market – job seekers, employers and employees via organizational, technical and financial infrastructures to support new work opportunities
• Phase 1: Meet, propose ideas and enhance each others’ ideas.After voting, the most promising ones will be selected to become projects. Thursday 24 August 2017 – Location: NTNU
• Phase 2: Build a prototype of your idea and present it to experts. Compete for the best project and win. Friday 8 & Saturday 9 September 2017 – Location: DIGS
The goal is to develop innovative concepts, products or services. The participants will have the opportunity to take their projects further, create start-ups and receive funding from various instances, like the Norwegian Research Council, Innovasjon Norge, the European Commission.
A panel of experts will judge the developed products/services and prizes will be given:
1st prize:<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>10.000 Kr. to be used to start up your idea + Support by experts
2nd prize: One month full flex membership for one of the winning groups @ DIGS
During the whole event we will use SOCRATIC, a SOcial CReATive IntelligenCe Platform that fosters social innovation. SOCRATIC is an EU funded H2020 project (www.socratic.eu). You will be given a set of tools and services developed within SOCRATIC to support your project. Mentors will follow-up, evaluate and give feedback about the whole process.
We look for you who are interested in helping to tackle challenges for social good, and everyone who is interested in taking part in a social innovation process which involves a collaboration with citizens, public institutions, NGOs. A similar event was piloted at an Experts in Team village in January 2017.
More info here:
Social Innovation Contest – Trondheim
August 24, 2017 at 11:09 #2379Miguel AlarcónKeymaster
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.